Solar Panel and Battery Storage Installs
Solar panels are the leading source of renewable energy for our homes and we are here to help you save money and the environment by having solar systems installed.
Head-On Electrical are committed to providing high quality solar panel installations, leaving customers entirely satisfied with the services they receive.
Our experience and expertise in the Hull and East Yorkshire area in solar panel installations means we can install and maintain solar panels allowing you to enjoy the highest quality performance from your product.
- Solar panels generate electricity which is used to power your home – your appliances and lights, and even your electric car if you have one!
- Solar panels create energy from exposure to sunlight, they are made out of photovoltaic cells which convert the sun’s energy into electricity. Solar panels generate a direct current energy which is converted to alternating current via an inverter, which can then be used to power your home.
- Contrary to popular belief, solar panels need daylight rather than sunlight. Even though solar panels are more effective when they are exposed to direct sunlight, they can still generate electricity even when it is cloudy.
- Solar panels do not rely on high temperatures to generate electricity, so regardless of the weather, your panels will continue to convert daylight into electricity.
- On days where there is little daylight, or in the evenings and overnight, if you get a battery storage system installed, you will be able to store any excess electricity, say if you are out during the day and do not use any electricity, and use this as and when you need it.
- You can drastically reduce your electricity bills. With solar panels you will be able to largely reduce your electricity bills. If you also install a battery storage system, you could eliminate your electricity bills completely, storing energy that your solar panels have made during the day and using this stored energy on an evening, allowing you to have access to free energy even when there isn’t any sun!
- You can protect yourself against rising energy costs. By investing in solar panels now, you will fix your electricity rate against the inevitable steep increases in electricity costs. Solar panels allow you to become more independent from the grid, and allow you to have control over your energy usage.
- You can reduce your carbon footprint. Solar panels do not produce carbon emissions so you can significantly reduce your households impact on the environment. A common solar system can save around 1.3-1.6 tonnes of carbon per year (depending on where you live in the UK), reducing the carbon footprint of your home by 80% in one year.
- They are long lasting. Once installed there are no further running costs to worry about and solar panels last a long time and require minimal maintenance. You will on occasion want to get them cleaned to ensure they are working at full capacity, but other than this there is little to no maintenance.
- They are an investment. If the initial costs put you off, don’t worry, you will soon have offset this figure in what you have saved in electricity costs, and could then save yourself thousands on energy costs over the lifetime of a system. Not only that you will be adding value to your property, and demand for homes with solar panels is only going to grow.
- You can charge your electric vehicles with solar energy. You can further reduce your carbon emissions and save yourself money on fuel costs by using your free solar energy to charge your electric car!
- A battery storage system charges up during the day when you are not using the electricity produced by your solar panels, and when the panels stop generating electricity, the battery storage system allows you to continue to use the electricity that was generated during the day and stored.
- A battery storage system stores excess energy created by your solar panels, so you use this to power your home in the evenings for example. It is unlikely that an average household will use all the energy created by solar panels during the day, therefore battery storage is a great way to store the energy and use it later, reducing reliance on the grid.
- It is an investment. Installing a battery storage system is a long term investment, allowing you to cut your energy costs, especially as energy costs continue to rise.
- You can save money. One of the biggest advantages of battery storage systems is that it will help you save more on your electricity costs. Battery storage allows you to maximise your potential to use the energy generated by your solar system, so in times when you need more energy than your solar panels are producing, you can use the energy that has been stored during the day.
- You can reduce your carbon footprint. By using energy generated by your solar panels that you have stored, you will be reducing your grid demand and therefore reducing your carbon footprint.
- You can use your power as and when you need it. It is unlikely that an average household will use all the energy created by solar panels during the day, therefore battery storage is a great way to store the energy and use it later, for example on an evening, reducing reliance on the grid.
- You have a reserve of energy. If power cuts are happening regularly in your area, then solar panels will allow you to be able to power your home and battery storage will allow you to be more resilient to these unforeseeable events.
The continuing advancements in solar technology is allowing solar energy to become even more beneficial for your homes, allowing you to generate your own clean electricity whilst reducing carbon emissions and cutting your energy bills.
At Head-On Electrical we care about the environment, and the future for generations to come. We are enthusiastic about investing in renewable energies, having been installers of electric vehicle charge points for the last 5 years, and have a wealth of experience and expertise in installing solar panels and battery storage systems, we are here to help you begin your renewable revolution.
Pay only £4,295 for a 4kW fully installed solar system, and £7,295 for a 4kW solar system and a 4.8kW battery storage system.
We offer free surveys and quotations, so get in contact now to see how you can start saving money with solar panels.